I wish I had a link to this recipe, but I saw it on one of his shows, and it is so easy to make, and so tasty. It also looks great on the plate too. Surprisingly, I got it to look almost like he did on the show. I forgot what he called it, but i'm calling it a Rustic Smashed Potato
|Herb and feta mixture on cutting board|
- 3 Part Sweet Potato
- 1 Part Potato (essentially, one potato for every 3 sweet potatoes)
- Handful of Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Coriander (we used parsley)
- Salt and Pepper
- Half a lemon
|Completed recipe! All naturally gluten free.|
- Half the potatoes and put in a microwavable dish
- Wedge half the lemon in the dish between the potatoes
- Cover were seran wrap and put in microwave for 12 minutes (I put it on two 6 minute intervals, because lets face it, who actually trusts a microwave being left on for 12 minutes straight?)
- What that is going, take out a large cutting board shake small salt and pepper on the cutting board and drizzle some olive oil.
- Get a bundle of herbs and chop them up ontop of the seasoning
- Crumble feta cheese ontop of the herbs
- When microwave is complete, lightly break up the potatoes and then dump ontop of the herb and seasoning mixture.
- Gently take knife and make large chops of the potato, after scooping with knife under mixing chopped potato with herbs and making more large chops. Keep on chopping and scoop/mixing with your knife until feta, and herbs is thoroughly tossed through and potato is chopped into chunks.