I wish I had a link to this recipe, but I saw it on one of his shows, and it is so easy to make, and so tasty. It also looks great on the plate too. Surprisingly, I got it to look almost like he did on the show. I forgot what he called it, but i'm calling it a Rustic Smashed Potato
Gluten Free Edmonton - A Celiac guide and resource for gluten free information in Edmonton, Alberta
|Herb and feta mixture on cutting board|
- 3 Part Sweet Potato
- 1 Part Potato (essentially, one potato for every 3 sweet potatoes)
- Handful of Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Coriander (we used parsley)
- Salt and Pepper
- Half a lemon
|Completed recipe! All naturally gluten free.|
- Half the potatoes and put in a microwavable dish
- Wedge half the lemon in the dish between the potatoes
- Cover were seran wrap and put in microwave for 12 minutes (I put it on two 6 minute intervals, because lets face it, who actually trusts a microwave being left on for 12 minutes straight?)
- What that is going, take out a large cutting board shake small salt and pepper on the cutting board and drizzle some olive oil.
- Get a bundle of herbs and chop them up ontop of the seasoning
- Crumble feta cheese ontop of the herbs
- When microwave is complete, lightly break up the potatoes and then dump ontop of the herb and seasoning mixture.
- Gently take knife and make large chops of the potato, after scooping with knife under mixing chopped potato with herbs and making more large chops. Keep on chopping and scoop/mixing with your knife until feta, and herbs is thoroughly tossed through and potato is chopped into chunks.
Jamie Oliver recommends serving straight from the cutting board, because "why use more dishes if you have too?" I agree!
Let us know what you think of this all natural gluten free recipe.
mmmm this sounds delish! Course we would have to leave out the feta maybe substitute some Daiya cheese but cool cool cool ... thanks for the post :)ReplyDelete
The link to the recipe is at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1312958/Jamie-Olivers-30-minute-meals-Piri-Piri-chicken-rocket-salad-dressed-potatoes-quick-Portuguese-tarts.html I hope you enjoy it, AngelaReplyDelete