|Gluten free matzah balls|
The other day Dan emailed me a recipe to yet another gluten free matzah ball to try. He emailed us one last year with a potato base that tastes awesome. But its just not like the real thing. We didn't end up sharing that recipe but maybe one day we will.
In the meantime, I will share this recipe he passed on because it looks great. I sent it to my mother-n-law knowing she is brave enough to try any new gluten free recipe we pass her way. She really does get gluten free cooking and baking!
|Served up for the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah|
Click here to read the recipe at Gluten Free A-Z Blog
- 2 T oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 T salt
- 2 T seltzer ( optional)
- ** If you do not have to make them gluten free, substitute regular breadcrumbs or ground matzo meal instead of the gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Put up an 8qt pot of water and bring it to a boil with a little salt if you like
- In a small bowl beat eggs and oil and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend well with fork.
- Add seltzer
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes ( this step is important)
- Remove batter from refrigerator. Divide batter into just slightly smaller than golf ball size balls ( should make about 8-10 .
- When water comes to a boil, drop in balls one at a time into the boiling water
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Add to warm soup and serve.