I can tell you that this is one delicious recipe that we adapted from Amanda's Cooking Blog. It's not a cake, and its not a tart, simply, it is a delicious dessert! Amanda found this recipe because she was looking to replicate an amazing dessert her friends mother makes during one of the Jewish holidays. This recipe caught her attention, because it was pretty close. The only thing was that this recipe contained dairy to make the filling more smoother.
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs - We used the Kinnikinnick Smore'Ables
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave and let cool.
- Crush smore'ables (unless you bought them crushed already) and combine the crumbs and butter.
- Preserve 1/2 cup of crumbs for topping
- Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Use mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Turn mixer to low and add the powdered sugar. Add one cup at a time to avoid clumping.
- Beat mixture well until smooth.
- Add a large spoon full of the drained crushed pineapple and stir.
- Spread the cream cheese and pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Fold remaining pineapple into Cool Whip
- Spread Cool Whip on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of gluten free graham cracker crumb mixture on top.
- Refrigerate over night to firm up.
Post a Comment