We made this roast in the slow cooker and it was amazing.
- We used 5 cab boneless blade roast tied
- 4 tsp veg oil
- 3 onions chopped medium
- 1 lbs carrots cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 28 oz can of crushed tomato
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- Brown roast on all sides in 2 tsp of oil for about 10 minutes and place in slow cooker
- Cook onion and carrots in same pan with another 2 tsp of oil for 5 minutes until just softened.
- Stir in garlic for 15 seconds
- Stir in wine scraping up bits and reduce t half (1-2 minutes) and pour all into slow cooker
- Add crushed tomato, broth, thyme, bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9.
- Remove roast to tent and rest.
- Discard bay leaves
- Scoop half of the liquid and veggies into blender or food processor and let cool before blending into sauce.
- Carve roast and serve on plate with remaining veggies. Pour some sauce on top of roast and serve the rest in a saucer.