This recipe was a total experiment that worked out for me. I know that teriyaki goes well with beef, and I've seen teriyaki meatballs before, heck I've made them before. So I tried something different with a standard hamburger and pan fried it with some Gluten Free Kikkoman Soy Sauce and a Red Rooster Sweet Chili Sauce.
Gluten Free Edmonton - A Celiac guide and resource for gluten free information in Edmonton, Alberta
- 1 burger patty (I used the Kirkland beef patties that have no filler)
- 3-4 tbsp Gluten free soy sauce (I used the special Gluten Free Kikkoman Soy Sauce found at Safeway, but you can also use HP, San-J etc.)
- 3-4 tbsp Red Rooster Sweet Chili Sauce
- Handfull of chopped mushroom
- 1 tbsp oil
- Warm up a fry pan and add burger patty. No need to add oil because hamburger patties with no bread crumbs will produce enough oil on it's own.
- Add 2 table spoons of soy sauce to pan and fry in sauce on medium heat. Flip burger half way and add another table spoon of soy sauce.
- In another fry pan, hear up oil and saute mushrooms until just glazed. Add 1bsp of soy sauce toss, and plate mushrooms so they do not continue to cook.
- Add sweet chili sauce to burger for flavour and plate burger with mushroom.
Serve with rice and Miso sauce.
This might be a recipe with some acquired taste, but worth a try. I loved it.
Awesome burgre recipe, but you gys should try this burger recipeReplyDelete