Even before my gluten free days I always enjoyed a good piece of pizza, who doesn't? However when I learned of my celiac diagnosis I admit I thought pizza would no longer be a food that I could enjoy. Since that day we have come to try a variety of different gluten free pizza crusts and mixes and while there are definitely benefits to each, my all time favorite (at home) is the pizza crust mix by Chebe. It's unfortunate that we cannot readily buy this mix everywhere and we have to either order it online from the USA and have it shipped via multiple wonderful friends who live in the USA and have family in Edmonton. OR my mom has to pick it up when she is visiting family in Winnipeg. Thankfully we have options at our disposal that probably not everyone has.
The point of this blog post is not to boast about my love of Chebe products and my frustration about them not being readily available in Canada (darn dual language requirement laws). The point of my post was to share a new favorite pizza topping combination that I had never tried before and now think will be top of my list when seeking something creamy and loaded with flavor. Of course I cannot take the credit for creating such a masterpiece, I wish I could.
I was looking for a use for chicken and ricotta cheese and I did not want to make a lasagne, which is what I often use ricotta cheese for. Instead I found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and honestly all I typed in the search field was "chicken and ricotta" and wow was I impressed.
|Yummy Ricotta cheese pizza w/ broccoli & chicken|
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken in the butter until no longer pink and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute; stir to combine. Spread the mixture over the pizza crust. Scatter the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pizza. Arrange the cooked chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms evenly on top of the pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
What are your favorite pizza topping combinations?