|My Auntie Rolly and Cousin Sasha in Spain (Me in the middle). |
This is the Cafe where we ate the Spanish Tortilla
I made my first attempt at the Moroccan Tortilla and it turned it out great. It is naturally gluten free, with little ingredients and pretty easy to make.
|Cooking in pan|
- 1 baked potato (my dad would just use french fries)
- Choice of gluten free sausage (my dad would use hot dogs, I used sliced turkey bacon and pepperoni because thats what we had on hand)
- 4 eggs scrambled
- Vegetable oil
|The finished product. Yum!|
- Punch holes in potato and microwave until soft enough to cut (or cook it any way you like)
- Slice or dice sausage and place in frying pan and begin to brown in its own grease
- Julienne or cube potato place in fry pan
- Add enough vegetable oil to brown potato
- You can use a big fry pan to make sure everything browns and crisps up equally. However you will need a smaller fry pan for the next step
- Transfer to a fry pan where the potato and meat cover the entire surface of the pan and even creates a second layer.
- Evenly pour egg over all of the potato and meat. Let stand fry on low for 5 minutes until bottom is nicely cooked.
- Flip and repeat. Note, when I flipped it, I flipped it back into the bigger pan because by that point everything is being held together by the egg.