8 ounces cream cheese (soft)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
8 slices gluten free bread (We used Udi's)
1 cup whole milk (we used cream)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 Cup gluten free all purpose flour (we used Bobs Redmill)
- Mix in soft cream cheese (microwave a few seconds if needed), with 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Place in fridge until chilled.
- Spread cream cheese even lover 4 pieces of bread leaving a 1/2 inch thick border at the edges. Place other pieces of bread ontop and press down slightly.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees, and take out cookie shit with wire rack to keep french toast warm. You can skip this step if you are half'ing this recipe and only making two at a time.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk it together with the milk, egg, vanilla, salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth and pour batter into a large shallow dish.
- Doing two sandwiches at a time, soak each side in batter for 1 minute, then fry in pan with butter until golden brown on both sides (2.5 minutes per side). Place ready french toast on wire rack and place in oven. Repeat for other two.
Wow. While I had a good laugh, spell check might be needed for some more conservative readers. Also, how much gluten free flour?ReplyDelete
Whoops, 1/2 Cup of gluten free flour!ReplyDelete
Thanks for catching that.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete