A few weeks ago I got wind that Kinnikinnick was hosting a gluten free cooking workshop. I jumped on the opportunity to attend as fast as I could, and gobbled up two tix for Amanda and myself because only 12 seats were available.
On December 8th, they hosted the gluten free cooking workshop at their Edmonton downtown store location where they have a studio kitchen to record their Kinnikinnick TV episodes. This was the first time Kinnikinnick allowed an audience into the building during a recording, and Amanda and I were more than excited to attend! Who wouldn't be? for $20/each we were going to be fed some fantastic food, and even found out that we were getting gift baskets as a take away for the evening!
I found it most interesting the ways in which the chef's showed us different creative ways to use some of the Kinnikinnick products. Like the gluten free hotdog buns sliced, drizzled with olive oil and toasted to make gluten free Crostini's for Bruschetta. Or using Kinnikinnick Ginger Snaps as crusts for Cheesecake Bite snacks the size of cupcakes. We just never would have thought to do these things, but now we have already used some of the hot dog buns that were in the gift basket to make bruschetta for family.
The gluten free cooking demonstration did not only have a live audience, but they broadcasted live online. Click here to watch the recording of the demonstration and watch some these great recipes come to life. Unfortunately you had to be there to taste it :-)
On the menu:
- Bruschetta on Gluten Free Crostini's
- Cranberry Infused Baked Goat Cheese on Gluten Free Crostini's
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps with Crab and Cream Cheese
- Gluten Free Baked Crispy Chicken Satay
- Gluten Free Fried Camembert Cheese
- Gluten Free Crab Cakes
- Gluten Free Sesame Shrimp with Wasabi Sauce
- Gluten Free Chocolate Graham Truffles
- Chocolate Dipped KinniTOOS Lollipops
- Cheesecake Bites on Gluten Free Ginger Snaps
- Gluten Free Montana Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Gluten Free Bread Pudding with a Twist
Kinnikinnick was kind enough to supply the gluten free recipe cards for the live audience members. Click here for a link to the recipes that Jay from Kinnikinnick has posted to their website (as per comment below).
Please email us at email@example.com if this video no longer works.