This gluten free recipe
is inspired by a dish we had during pre-Celiac times at Lime restaurant in Toronto. We are no longer able to eat that dish in Toronto because Lime does not use a gluten free soy sauce.
We've recreated the dish using gluten free products and love our spin on it.
|Pre-cut stir fry ingredients|
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water (add more if sauce is too thick for your liking)
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce (we use VH brand)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- chili flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 1" strips (omit for a vegetarian dish)
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1/2 green pepper julienned
- 1/2 red pepper julienned
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 2 mangoes cubed
Gluten Free Edmonton - A guide and resource for people with a gluten or wheat allergy.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in small sauce pan over low heat.
- While sauce is warming up, begin preparing rice according to package directions.
- In a wok or large pan, add oil and fry meat over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add carrots, and peppers. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and mango and cook for an additional 2 minues.
- Remove from stove, add sauce and stir.
- Serve with rice on the side.
Cool, another fellow Canadian food blogger :)ReplyDelete
First-time visitor here, this recipe looks great!
Thank you! It was the first second time we tried the recipe, worked out so well the second time when we added the peanut sauce.ReplyDelete
My brother is a foodie and runs the blog http://www.haggisandherring.com it has great dishes from around the world.
I want to try to create this recipe, because I think it's very easy to cook and delicious based on the images that you have in your blog. Please keep updating this blog for us. Thanks!ReplyDelete
Easy Stir Fry