At the beginning of the year Lorne contacted me about their menu for March and indicated all the gluten free options that were part of the menu. Unfortunately life caught up with me and I never did post his request, so I recently contacted him about October's menu. It does seem that Chef Lorne likes to keep a fresh menu by the season as the menu changes by the season.
Below are the Fall 2013 gluten free options at Chateau Lous Hotel's Royal Coach Dining Room. Don't worry, if you are reading this and its no longer the fall of 2013. Rest assure, that Chef Lorne has another great menu put together with gluten free options.
Chef indicated on the menu for me what is GF so I am only showing what is GF here, and seriously that is all the entrees except for two that weren't gluten free. Looks like an awesome menu!
- Prawns with Roast Garlic: Jumbo prawns flambed with brandy 8 GF
- Escargot a la Bourguignonne: Plump escargot sautéed with garlic herb butter, mushrooms & onions 7 GF
- Mushroom Caps with Crab: Snow crab meat blended with fresh dill and cream cheese, broiled in mushroom caps 8 GF
- Seafood Salad: Chilled mussels, clams, baby shrimp & crab tossed in a fresh basil vinaigrette Served on baby greens full 9 half 5.5 GF
- Baby Spinach Salad: With crumbled wild boar bacon and pickled pearl onions Roast beet vinaigrette full 6.5 half 4 GF
- Fillet of Wild Sockeye Salmon: Brushed with Saskatoon berry butter 22 GF
- Fillet of Red Trout Almondine: Pan fried in sweet butter with slivers of toasted almond 19 GF
- Medallion of Veal: Tender milk fed veal with wild mushroom cream 21 GF
- New York Steak: Canada Gold New York steak with tri coloured pepper corn sauce 28 GF
- Atlantic Scallops: Sauteed with caramelized onions, flambed with Malibu rum finished with coconut cream and dried mango 28 GF
- Steak Bourguignonne: Canada Gold top sirloin steak, seared to perfection and served with double smoked bacon, caramelized onions and wild mushrooms in a red wine reduction 6 ounce 20 or 8 ounce 23 GF
- Beef Tenderloin with Jumbo Prawn: Medallion of beef tenderloin with jumbo prawn sauteed in garlic herb butter 27 GF
- Roast Breast of Chicken: With roasted artichokes, sundried tomatoes & garlic cloves, deglazed with a splash of white wine 21 GF
- Medallion of Pork Tenderloin: Pan seared, topped with pancetta & Sylvan Star smoked gouda 19 GF