Gluten Free Travel to Toronto - Shopping for gluten free food!

2 comments
If you are travelling to Toronto for vacation, business or to see family, you do not need to worry about gluten free restaurant options or gluten free shopping options, because there are plenty!

Gluten Free Shopping in Toronto

You will find all the standard selections at the grocery stores such as Sobey's, Metro (formerly Dominion), Loblaws, Wal-Mart and Superstores. Here are a couple other places that have knowledgeable staff when it comes to gluten free shopping:

Nut'n'Gluten
Nut'n'Gluten Specialty Foods
3120 Rutherford Road, Unit 17
Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 0B1
Phone: 905-553-7901
Web: www.nutngluten.com

Despite what the name may indicate, this store does not specialize in carrying gluten, but instead carrys gluten free products. About 90% of products stocked are gluten free, the other 10% are nut-free. Shelves are all properly labelled and the store is well put together and maintained. The proprietor will answer any questions.

You will find all the brands you are familiar with, like Kinnikinnick, Enjoy Life and Pamela's Products, and you will also see local gluten free brands that are great to sample and try something new. Nut'n'Gluten carries breads, pizza crusts, crackers, chips, cakes etc. The store is just north of the city boundaries by Canada's Wonderland in York Region.

Noah's Natural Foods
Web:http://www.noahsnaturalfoods.ca
Noah's at Yonge & Eglinton
Multiple locations including:
  • Yonge Street , north of Eglinton Avenue
  • Yonge Street and Charles
  • Spadina Road and Bloor Street
  • Rutherford Road and Weston Road (Near Nut'n'Gluten)
Noah's Natural Foods is a health food store with a decent selection of gluten free products, vitamins and other food products with very knowledgeable staff.  If you are looking for a quick snack, or just need to pick up a quick item, just swing by one of their four locations in the Greater Toronto Area.

Gluten Free Edmonton - A Celiac guide and resource for gluten free information in Edmonton, Alberta

2 comments :

  1. Just passed a gluten free cafe the other day on Queen st. East in Toronto.
    http://www.wildearthbakery.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my response, and I welcome any outside input that could help Lauren figure out these issues. I could especially use some help on the height of food dishes — I've heard some people say a raised bowl reduces a dog's chance of bloat and others say exactly the opposite. I'm not honestly sure what the correct answer is, so I welcome some insight on that matter.

    ReplyDelete