We haven't tried Rice Paper yet, but I think after my back and forth emailing with owner Chris Phan, it won't be long until we pay them a visit. He was pretty helpful and honest trying to explain what was safe for people with Celiac and what others with Celiac Disease would eat at his restaurant.
Here is what I was able to collect from Chris:
- Salad Rolls (Substitute Peanut Sauce with Sweet Thai Chili)
- Kim Chi and the Grilled meat Satay skewers are fine except for Beef Satay is not gluten free friendly
- Most soups (Just ask)
- Vermicelli is gluten free because it is all grilled meats
- Rice Paper Wrap (these you would wrap yourself with rice noodles, vegetables and your choice of meats) * Noted as a favourite for Celiac customers
- Stir-fry (Just ask for gluten free sauces).
- Ginger Beef (Substitute beef with stir-fry chicken)
- Ginger Beef sauce is gluten free. It has Tapioca Starch
- Honey Glazed Chicken (Substitute Glazed chicken with stir fry chicken)
- Chow Fun is gluten free, made with rice noodle. Chow Mein is not gluten free.
Noted about Ginger Beef Sauce:
"The sauce for the Ginger Beef/Chicken contains tapioca starch but not wheat or flour. I am able to substitute the beef or chicken to a stir-fry because it is originally served with breaded meat. Also, the soya sauce is not gluten free. "Rice Paper Vietnamese Fine Cuisine
10080 -178 Street N.W., Edmonton, AB T5S 1S5
Have gluten free questions about the Rice Paper menu? Contact Chris Phan at firstname.lastname@example.org