I had written about the large and ever increasing selection of gluten free items available at Bulk Barn awhile ago so this is simply meant as a revisit. Bulk barn continues to add to their selection of gluten free products both bulk as well as pre-packaged.
I am always amazed at the selection of gluten free products available at Bulk barn and this visit was no different. I have added a brief list of the new gluten free products that I found at Bulk barn in the west end located at 18431 Stony Plain Rd. There are a ton more gluten free products, but these are just products that I had never seen there before.
Newly found gluten free products at Bulk Barn
- Lesser Evil Brand Chia Crisps: Feta cheese and black olive, Southern BBQ, Dill Pickle & Jalapeño Cheddar flavours *
- Natures Path cereals : many flavour varieties in different sizes of package
- The Simply Bar (protein bar): in many flavour varieties (I bought the caramel peanut one to try this time)
- XO Baking Co. mixes: Chocolate cake, Fudge brownies, Vanilla cake, Banana bread, Corn bread, Chocolate Chip cookie, All purpose flour blend
- Mrs. Crimbles: Crackers, Macaroons and Chocolate or Yogurt covered rice cakes
- Enjoy Life: individually wrapped cookies in various flavours
- Neal Brothers Foods: Bandito Blue Corn tortilla chips
- RW Garcia: 5 Seed Crackers in onion & chive, rosemary garlic or tellicherry cracked pepper flavours
*Just an in any shopping
expedition it is important to always remember to watch out for products marked
as gluten free but stating “may contain...” or “produced in a facility that
also processes wheat”. Of all of the new
gluten free products that I have listed above, only the Lesser Evil Brand Chia Crisps product said gluten free, but also
said “produced in a facility that also processes Wheat”. Always remember to
read the labels carefully and use your discretion.
Gluten Free Edmonton - A Celiac guide and resource for gluten free information in Edmonton, Alberta